Project Progress : Vision Statement


Projects: Vision Statement

vision idea/design document 

  In this document, I will be expressing my idea of my game.


I have decided that I am very interested in the game that would be called something like  “Endless birdie”. This game has similarity to flappy birth except the obstacles are birds too. The genre of this game is 'endless runner'. 


 The gameplay starts of with a bird flying in a beautiful sky background with possibly some magical stars and a background filled with trees or some ground. At the top of the screen there will be a counter showing you how long you could last not dying. There is fun music playing in the background to help you conquer the birds that are flying towards you. The birds that are flying from the right side of the screen have one motive and that is to get in touch with you and collide so you die. If by any chance you hit the bird flying towards you, you die and a big sign pops up saying "game over" and you can restart the game to try and beat your high score from the previous time.


I found this interesting video where you can create a game that is endless runner. LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVCW5189evI. This tutorial looks quite simple but it covers a lot of elements. This tutorial shows more on how colliders work, using health functions, particles, having a repeating background and much more. I will be using this tutorial for my game and adding skills that I learned from Unity and possibly other tutorials. 


In an article by "Leviathyn" (I., n.d.) they mention that endless runner games make you want more. They are successful because you get that adrenaline from playing once and you want to keep playing to hit a higher score for satisfaction (I., n.d.). Games like "Temple Runner" are designed to keep you fascinated and enjoy the whole experience of beating your score (I., n.d.). There is never just "one go" on games that are "endless runner" genre and that is why they are so successful. 

Flying Birdie
Link to. image : https://www.pexels.com/photo/silhouette-of-trees-during-golden-hour-1921336/
Free to use 



I., D., n.d. What Makes Endless Runner Games Successful?. [online] Leviathyn. Available at: <https://leviathyn.com/34718/what-makes-endless-runner-games-successful/> [Accessed 13 March 2022]. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future business owner

Game Vision Statement

Game Design